Whether you live in Miami or plan to visit South Florida for the first time, a trip down to the Keys and Key West is an experience like no other.
Pictures of the Seven Mile Bridge and the lure of the Conch Republic might have you wondering how long it takes to get to Key West from Miami.
Wonder no more. Here are the distances and driving times you might expect between Key West and all the most popular destinations and departure points.
To/From Key West and:
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) – 189 miles (304 kms) or 3h45 to 4 hours.
- South Beach/Miami Beach – 168 miles (270 kms) or 3h30 to 3h45.
- Miami International Airport (MIA) – 160 miles (258 kms) or 3h20 to 3h30.
- Ocean Reef – 117 miles (188 kms) or 2h45.
- Key Largo – 97 miles (156 kms) or 2h10 to 2h15.
- Islamorada – 81 miles (130 kms) or 1h45 to 1h55.
- Hawks Cay – 60 miles (97 kms) or 1h20 to 1h25.
- Marathon – 50 miles (81 kms) or 1h05 to 1h10.
- Big Pine – 29 miles (47 kms) or 40-45 minutes.
- Little Palm – 27 miles (44 kms) or 37-41 minutes.
- Summerland – 23 miles (37 kms) or 32-35 minutes.
- Cudjoe – 20 miles (32 kms) or 28-30 minutes.
- Sugarloaf – 17.4 miles (28 kms) or 25-27 minutes.
Driving times will naturally be affected by traffic, roadworks, and accidents, but at least these numbers will give you a rough estimate.
Would you like to simply relax and unwind during your trip and not have to worry about driving, directions, or an uncomfortable ride? Consider reaching out to a luxury car service to pick you up – you may be surprised at the value for money such a service provides.